Monday, September 20, 2010

If competent adults existed in children's fiction

"I don't care if this is your side of the mountain. You can't live in a tree, kid."


"I'm from child protective services. We heard there were children living in a boxcar."


"Fudge almost ate Peter's turtle, but I stopped him because I am capable of providing proper parental supervision."


"I'm Count Olaf. I want the children's inheritance." "I'm their attorney, the executor of the parental estate, and court-appointed guardian. See you in court."


"What'd you do today, Hardy Boys?" "We went to school."


"Pevensie children, please stand back from the platform when the train is approaching."

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! Is it strange I got all those references? I used to dream I would live in a tree or a boxcar...

    ReplyDelete